Bluewaters Power 1 Pty Ltd and Bluewaters Power 2 Pty Ltd (the Company) is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth)).
The Company policy on the collection, use and disclosure of personal information is set out below.
Generally, we only collect personal information you provide about yourself.
- If you make enquiries through our website at www.bluewatersps.com.au.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- For the purposes of recruitment and employment (“Employment Information”); and
- In order to provide goods and services to customers (“Customer Information”).
The kind of personal information we collect is usually a person’s name, address, telephone numbers and email address.
Personal Information may also include the following:
- In relation to Employment Information – date of birth, CVs, education, qualification, language skills, medical information and emergency contact details.
- In relation to Customer Information – information on the use of our products and services.
Employment Information may be used for recruitment, employment and human resource management purposes.
Customer Information may be used for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, which include:
- Provision of our products and services, including administration such as processing your orders, billing, notification to you about changes to our services and record-keeping following termination of our services to you and technical maintenance responding to your enquiries
- Carrying out credit checks and scoring.
- Carrying out market and product analysis and marketing our products and services generally.
The Company may disclose or receive personal information or documents about you:
- To/from its ultimate parent companies, Sumitomo Corporation and Kansai Electric Power Co., located in Japan, and both of them will protect and use the information only in accordance with this policy; as required by law or law enforcement agencies;
- In relation to Employment Information – to human resource and payroll services providers who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- In relation to Customer Information – to service providers or other contractor, in relation to the goods or services provided to you, and who have agreed to keep the information confidential.
We will not use your information other than described above unless we have your consent.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Upon your request, the Company will provide access to your personal information we hold, except in certain prescribed circumstances, including emergency situations, specified business imperatives and law enforcement or other public interests. You can also seek to have your personal information corrected which we will do unless we do not agree with your corrections in which case we not obliged to do so. Please contact:
|General Manager, Human ResourcesBluewaters PowerPO Box 5796
Perth WA 6831
The Company places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers, clients and contractors. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
Personal information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
Information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions.
We will investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve any breach that might have occurred in relation to the collection, use or destruction of personal information held by us about you in accordance with the privacy legislation.
If we fail to respond within 30 days, or you are dissatisfied with our response, please contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) who investigates privacy complaints from individuals about private sector organisations covered by the Privacy Act.
For more information on how to lodge a complaint with the OAIC please go to: http://www.oaic.gov.au
Our web site may contain links to other web sites and those third party web sites may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of web sites that are linked to our web site. The Company encourages users to be aware when they leave the site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
We collect information from the site using “IP files”.
When you visit our site to read, browse or download information, our system will record/log your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the internet and which is automatically recognised by our web server), date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded. This information will only be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you improved online service. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of Internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our web sites. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our web sites.
Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the Australian Privacy Principles we recommend that you visit the Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au